Twitch Broadcasting Pre-Stream Checklist
It’s best to start every stream with a procedural checklist. Just like you were about to fly a plane, preparing your stream requires lots of attention to technical details. Here is a simple checklist we like to use and recommend to most streamers. You should adjust it based on your setup and needs.
- Restart PC to clear system.
- Open OBS or other broadcasting software.
- Open Game.
- Open browser. We recommend you bookmark all the necessary webpages so you can one-click open them. Yours might include Twitch directory, Your Twitch dashboard, TwitchAlerts and Twitter.
- Open your Stream Labels app.
- Open Spotify or music app.
- Open Snaz or dynamic text app.
- Open any desktop bot applications.
- Open and position Twitch Chat where you can see it (via ThePlayBelt)
- Preview stream.
- If stream looks correct, stop preview and record an audio/visual test.
- Review A/V test in media player.
- If the test looks and sounds good – Start broadcasting. Option to use a “Starting Soon” Preview Screen.
- Send out Tweet. Option to include YouTube video with live annotation link for greater engagement.
- Begin broadcasting.
- End broadcasting.
- Create Highlights & Upload to YouTube (via DaedWax)
Did we miss anything? Post a comment if we did and include your stream URL and we will link to you if we use your suggestion!